Saturday, June 25, 2011

Time to spare go by air, more time yet go by Jet

Friday on the family's maiden voyage as a group we learned the meaning of that popular pilot phrase. The plan was to leave Lexington at 2 pm, but as the weather would hve it we would leave at 8pm. I also locked my keys in my car (with my briefcase containing our computers and iPad - charts). So Drew the co-pilot went home to pack a bag and we departed at 8. We after deviations for weather on the way down we diligently watched another system move in and park itself on Myrtle Beach. So over Charlotte, we diverted to Charleston. I was able to change the rental car from myrtle beach to charleston, but we will most likey leave from there again Monday. It's a two hour drive, but there is a $500 one way drop off charge they are wanting to incur. Kind of nuts.. So our two hour trip.. 12 hours.. Time to spare... Go by air...

No comments:

Post a Comment